Bollywood produces hundreds of films every year, but only 52 Fridays are available for releasings. So, there are bound to be clashes at the box office. Budgets, promotions, stakes… everything has been getting bigger and bigger in Bollywood. And box office clashes are no exception.
Here we look at the some biggest Bollywood clashes…
- Lagaan V/s Gadar: Ek Prem Katha (2001)- The Aamir Khan-starrer Lagaan, earned Rs.25 crore at the box office. The Sunny Deol film set during Partition, on the other hand, was the bigger box office winner, making collections of more than Rs.43 crore.
- Veer Zara V/s Aitraaz(2004): King Khan defeated Akshay Kumar and it was Aditya Chopra’s Veer Zara that became one epic romantic classic in no time.
- Don V/s Jaan-E-Maan (2006)- Battle was between two of the biggest superstars of Bollywood – the two Khans – SRK and Salman with Don and Jaan-E-Man.
- Om Shanti Om V/s Saawariya (2007)- Ranbir Kapoor’s Saawariya’ and Shah Rukh Khan’s film ‘Om Shanti Om’ .
- Jab Tak Hai Jaan V/s Son of Sardaar (2012)- Clash was between Shah Rukh Khan’s Jab Tak Hai Jaan and Ajay Devgn’s Son of Sardaar.
- Dilwale v/s Bajirao Mastani (2015): Ranveer Singh’s Bajirao Mastani and Shah Rukh Khan’s Dilwale were all set to clash.
- Rustom V/s Mohenjo daro (2016)- Akshay Kumar vs Hrithik Roshan?
- Padmavat V/s Pad Man (2018)- The battle of the two ‘Pad’ movies Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Padmavat and R Balki’s Pad Man for screens and theatres on January 25 begins, there is panic in the movie trade.